Monday 7 January 2013

Ski day 2

Well for those that say that they won't ski in Niseko because there is no sun - there is!!  There is also more snow than I have seen here before.
Cam set off early again with a guide for the day for some out of bounds skiing. They wore backpacks with shovel, a probe and  wore a tracker to deal with avalanches. I just closed my eyes and ears and wished him luck. I know that Stuart Beck would have dug him out for me. The guide apparently had some funny descriptions for pole planting: imagine you are grabbing a beer off the bar and the barkeeper keeps pulling it away.

Anyway below are the rest of us enjoying a bit of skiing between the trees.






We had lunch at Boyso - on the mountain - very Japanese - this is the little guys ordering another steamed pork bun, I think they had 3 each.


We had a fairly hilarious moment off the top of the hooded King triple - where Paddy led us through some great powder. Olivia didn't quite have a Kate F moment - but got close to landing in a tree. She has however won stack of the day by face plant sliding her whole body face down a 5 mtre drop. And she smiled at the end - go LIV!!

Paddy has been fantastic over the last couple of days - he has made steps - and been a great leader and helper on the slopes. he and I did a black run on the way home. He asked me to lead and then told me he would as I was too slow!!


This is our house - it is 3 stories and really fantastic. Just 50 metres down from Seico mart and they run a ski valet service - so our skis are at the gondola. Very easy.
This is us skiing through some trees. Tomorrow is another ski day!


No comments:

Post a Comment