Friday 3 January 2014

ok - we know you are the resort of the year for the most snow - can you stop now? just for a day?

Another epic snow day. i am starting with my last run first. My last run was Crystal gardens at Hanazono. I caught the last chair out of hano - and the snow was like no-one had skied there - I literally did a run at 3.30 that was like first run of the day  that is how much it was pelting out of the sky .......
But to the morning - yep we got up and out and were on the gondola by sat 8.45. It was sunny. And it wasn't windy - and there was the promise that everything was going to open up. And it did. I ended up skiing separately to the rascal boys - they just want to hit trees - and i want to see them ...at least before I hit them.
We did meet up at the Ace Hill for ... ye - a curry donut. I am importing these to Aus. they are soo good. i think Tom had 2??? I love how the boys are happy to see me at food time. They get their food money in the morning - but if they end up somewhere with me - it is like - i love those curry donuts ... smile  .. big eyes ....




Paddy had the go pro - I just need to work out how to load some of the film. They said they were filming me. they lied. I turned around and they were on a completely different run, jumping and ducking and no where near me . Gee thanks boys.

It was one of those funny days - sunny down low - and nothing up high. I did the hooded triple and got confident with the weather - and decided to do the pizza box chair. normally it is only open in lovely weather - so up i went. Seriously I am lucky to have survived. This is the single seater with no bar and just a pizza box bit of wood to sit on. I actually held on. With 2 hands. And it was a white out at the top. That is an odd feeling when you have no idea where you are. You just need to trust that if you ski you will end up somewhere - as you cant see the person in front.

But 10 mins before I had taken these shots down at the gondola ...



and then i was sitting on this .....


Cam had some time of this afternoon so Cam and Alex skied with paddy and Tom. And Nicole the snow boarder from NZ. They had fun. They left me behind .....it was Ok because as I said at the beginning I did my best runs this afternoon - and I have another lesson with lud0 tomorrow and I have already warned him we are doing the POW as cam says ....

walking home I saw this little boy climbing up a huge snow drift to get to a digger. His dad was watching very patiently . he was up high ...




 how bad would it be if you came out and went -hmm - i'm sure we parked somewhere here ......?



No comments:

Post a Comment